To provide our staff with additional training on health and safety guidance, Google Classroom training, and additional training on teaching and learning online, we will be adjusting the student's first day of school.
Students will now begin the school year on August 24th and August 25th remotely, watching district videos on multiple topics. Some of the student videos will include:
- Our school nurse will be providing a video explaining health and safety protocols and best practices.
- Our facilities maintenance coordinator will be doing a virtual tour of the buildings including locations of our new hand sanitizing stations, water bottle filling stations, and will describe our classroom and district sanitizing protocols.
- Our transportation department will be sharing procedures for bus stop social distancing, procedures for getting on and off the bus, as well as entering and exiting the buildings.
- Our technology coordinator will be sharing videos on internet safety and cyber bullying.
- We will be providing an introductory video describing our Online Digital Academy.
- We will be providing some Google Classroom tutorials.
- Our principals will provide meet and greet videos to students on a variety of topics for the new school year.
Students will have from August 11th-25th to watch the required videos. We will be releasing more information and uploading the videos by August 10th. Students will be returning to in-person learning on Wednesday, August 26th.
Please click here for an updated District Calendar for the 2020-21 school year. If you have any questions, please contact your building principal. We will continue to post any additional information on the district website.