A Message from the Superintendent
Dear Freddie Families,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the start of the 2022-23 school year and officially introduce myself as the new superintendent of the Fredericktown Local Schools.
The start of each school year brings our students much excitement, energy, and perhaps even some trepidation. This is no different as an incoming superintendent, and I have to admit that I am nervously excited knowing the enormity of this responsibility. I consider this appointment a true privilege, and excited to be back home and to once again be a Freddie!
The District's belief statement defines the "responsibility for education as an active partnership among our students, teachers, families, and all community stakeholders." These partnerships and relationships will be critical in supporting our student's achievement and success as we progress throughout the school year.
I have been meeting with key individuals and stakeholders to listen to and assess the current priorities, opportunities, and challenges facing our students and the District. I will continue reconnecting with the Fredericktown community to understand better the foundations of our culture, traditions, and expectations as a high-performing school district.
I welcome any opportunity to discuss your child's educational experience at Fredericktown Schools. If you have a question or concern please call me at 740.694.2956 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the gracious welcome back! I am honored and humbled to work with you and an incredible team of teachers, staff, administrators, and community leaders. Please know I will strive to leave a legacy that serves all of our students, each and every day. Now, let's get to work, and Go Freddies!
DISTRICT VISION: Partnering with families and the community to provide all students with the best opportunity for success in a changing world.
DISTRICT MISSION: Every day, everyone, learning and adapting to excel in a changing world.
DISTRICT BELIEF: The responsibility for education is an active partnership among the schools, students, families, and all stakeholders of our community.
DISTRICT VALUES: We believe Fredericktown Local Schools will:
- provide a safe, welcoming, and orderly environment
- recognize that every student can learn, grow, and succeed
- instill respect and responsibility through positive learning experiences
- provide and support an active partnership among the schools, students, families, and all stakeholders
- integrate the necessary technology to be successful in our ever changing world
- support co-curricular activities to provide positive opportunities for all students
measure success by what is learned, not by what is taught
- EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE: At Fredericktown Local Schools, each of us is invested in and supportive of opportunities that maximize the educational experience and growth of every student.
- DISTRICT AND COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS: All stakeholders of Fredericktown Local Schools are actively engaged in collaborative relationships built on a high- level of trust to support strong district and community connections.
- RESPONSIBLE GOVERNANCE AND OPERATIONS: At all levels, Fredericktown Local Schools engage in responsible governance and operational practices that are efficient, effective and student-centered.
- FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Fiscal accountability and the utilization of all resources are a priority of Fredericktown Local Schools, and all transactions are accurate, transparent and supportive of district goals and objectives.