The Fredericktown Local School District continues to be proactive about the health of our students and staff, and has been working proactively with the Knox County Health Department on the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Although the Centers for Disease Control still considers the risk to the general public to be low, we feel it necessary to take precautionary steps to inform our community of possible risk.
Preventative measures continue to be our best line of defense against COVID-19. The following recommendations from the Ohio Department of Health help avoid not only COVID-19, but also the flu and common cold:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Cover coughs/sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
- Stay home you are ill (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
We also want to provide parents with important links and resources to help answer any questions that they may have, as well as more up to date information from the Knox County Health Department, Ohio Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control.